Saturday 5 May 2007

Gig Review: Aereogramme @ The Tunnels, Aberdeen - Friday 4 May 2007

Just got into Aereogramme in the last few months and realised they were playing Aberdeen soon ... that flies in the face of my usual experiences of just getting into a band the week after they play a gig I can actually get to !!!

I had two great fears for this gig:

1) that no-one would come with me !! and

2) they might actually be shite live !!!!

Thank's to Eric's willingness to take a risk (and the fact that Sarah was probably actually already booked to go out that night !!! ... he came along to address fear 1).

Fear 2) was also blown away thanks to a storming set.

The usual "why are these guys not massive?" question was easily answered on this occasion when they took the stage ... they are NOT an MTV friendly band in that they are predominantly large hairy blokes ... but they are a shit hot band.

Post set, I harangued one of the band to let me know who left the answer phone message at the end of the recorded version of "A Simple Process of Elimination" and why they hadn't played it live ... I also tried to get him to confirm they were playing the Connect festival in August and I think he said they were just to get rid of me !!! I did buy a T-shirt though !!!

The evening was rounded off with too many beers and falling asleep in the taxi on the way home !!!

No comments: